Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Beginning

I told myself I would never start a blog. Then again, I've told myself that I wouldn't do a lot of things (listen to country, watch NASCAR, get a twitter account, tell anyone that my secret identity is batman...)(well almost all of those are true). So why did I decide to start blogging? There are several reasons, I guess - but none of them are really good ones. First, I felt like doing it and I started one. Second, I've been told by people I should have one. Third, I feel like I have some ideas that I want to share. Fourth (and probably biggest), I need to.

Now that might sound strange that I need to blog, because I really don't. What I mean by I need to blog is that it is a way for me to get my thoughts out in a way that is different than journaling (which I would recommend doing). This blog is not meant to be my personal soap box of ranting, raving, and reviewing - as some blogs often are. There might be times when I rant, or when I rave, or when I review; those, however, are not the goal of this blog. The goal is a journey.

"A journey?!" you might say, "Where are you going to go, your power chord can only be so long and you have to run out of battery at some point? " To that I say you're absolutely right. This isn't about a journey I am going to take on Route 66, but rather about a journey I am taking through Route 66. We might get off and stop in some of the places along the way which may be unfamiliar - Canaan, Jerusalem, Rome - or they might be really familiar - your home, your church, your neighborhood. You may have gathered that I am not actually talking about a journey on a physical Route 66, but instead through a Route 66 that is on your shelf, or beside your bed, or in the nightstand at your hotel.

The Christian Life is often described as a journey. This blog is not an all inclusive tour guide to what you will experience and how to get from point A to point B. Instead, think of this as the picture slide-show as I say what I noticed about the different stops I made along the way.

So, with that being said, let's dim the lights and begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment